Thursday 13 November 2014

Deep Ecology and The Great Turning

"The Great Turning is a name for the essential adventure of our time: the shift from the industrial growth society to a life-sustaining civilization." Joana Macy

I find great inspiration, hope and optimism in the Deep Ecology movement! I participated in my first Nature Connection Workshop in north India in 2013 with my dear friends Om and Tom, the founders of Gaia Ashram and Gaia School Asia http://gaiaschoolasia.com/gaia-school-asia-ashram/

During the workshop, I discovered the healing and clarifying practices of The Work that Reconnects by Joana Macy. http://www.joannamacy.net/ and was greatly inspired to begin leading workshops or sharing these exercises and awakenings.

It is work that requires courage and love, but I also believe that these are qualities we already have in abundance by the nature of what we truly are.

This illustration by Dori Midnight, showing the spiral of the process of the work is a beautiful metaphor.

by Dori Midnight


No comments:

Post a Comment